iPod Touch 1st Gen Stuck in DFU mode, black screen only

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by super, Oct 7, 2010.

1. super

super New Member

I have a iPod Touch 1G. I gave to my niece. I know her friend jailbreaked it for her. One day she said it just died. She doesn't tell me how did it died. I got it back from her, cuz i thought i would fix it.

Problem is that it does not turn on. The screen stays black no matter which combinations of buttons i press. I've been trying to fix it from 3 weeks. Yes, I have searched all the forums. Read all the stickies. I do manage to get it into DFU mode (not restore mode) I confirm this with Ziphone. But when i try to restore in iTunes it throws back random errors, mostly 1600s. I've tried itunes 7.5, 8, 9.0 and 10. Sometimes when the screen turns white but then after few minutes itunes gives error. I've tried different computers and USB ports. I've tried all the firmwares. Tried ireb too...but it doesn't make the screen white. I have libusb installed. I tried almost everything...but can't make it to work.

Is there any solution for it? Could someone help me to restore it? Thanks in advance.
  2. super

super New Member

anyone had similar problem and have fixed it?
  3. super

super New Member

i've just read that apple has stopped signing 3.1.2 firmware. So is this why I get all these errors? Did apple stopped signing earlier versions for firmware as well?
  4. Wolpy

Wolpy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes they have, your best option is to restore to 3.1.3 (IE the latest FW available for the 1st gen) and see if it works.