iPod Touch (1st Gen) only works when plugged into AC charger

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by FackedHucker, Jun 25, 2009.

1. FackedHucker

FackedHucker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My Jailbroken iPod Touch was acting fine, but the battery was running low. I decided to charge it on my Mom's computer,(which I don't usually use). After about a minute, the iPod shut off, and refused to turn back on. I can manually try to reset it by holding the power and home buttons, but the apple logo appears, and slowly fades away. Since then, charging it on my computer has done nothing. I have tried restoring it to the latest software version, only to be bombarded with several different errors. I tried the Shift+Restore method, but still, no luck. After trying virtually everything, I decided to try one last thing. I plugged the iPod into my bose sound dock. Miraculously, the apple logo appeared (didn't fade this time) and after about a minute, my iPod was working fine. Unfortunately, the moment I try to remove the iPod from the dock, the screen fades away, like the apple logo did. The battery says its about 50%, so it doesn't really need additional charging. I can now use my iPod, but there is still a pretty major problem. Perhaps you can assist me with it. Thanks!

Jailbroke with Quickpwn
    DFU mode- Doesn't Work
    Firmware 2.2.1 (5H711)

<edit update> I can no longer use the iPod while plugged into the wall charger unless I really push the usb connector into the iPod dock connector. Starting to think this may be due to a loose dock connector.

UPDATE----I was able to restore my iPod by holding the usb cord in a certain way. I'm starting to think that my dock connector is loose. Will apple fix this? Also, will they know that I Jailbroke my iPod?
  2. youuishype

youuishype New Member

this happened to me last year, as long that it hasnt been a year u can get it replaced for free. they wont know u jailbroke if u fully restored it. make an appointment now at your local apple store/genius bar. i almost got mine swapped 2 days ago but the dude noticed my warranty was done oh well, at least i got it swapped once. any one where in ny that has a decent price to replace the dock connector?
  3. FackedHucker

FackedHucker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, its not my iPod, its my friends, and I think he got it off ebay or craigslist, so I'm not sure about the warranty. If I bring it to the Genius Bar, will they notice that its a hardware problem, and fix it. If so, any estimates on how much this would cost?
  4. youuishype

youuishype New Member

before you go, check the back for the serial number or through the ipod settings if u an get it on, go here:
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    if its in warranty your good if not their gonna charge you 200$. i need to find a spot now cuz i dont have warranty anymore i dont wanna buy another ipod