iPod Touch (1st Gen) - If Jailbroken... Lose purchases data (i.e. 3.0, App store)?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RicardoDelvalle7, Aug 20, 2009.

1. RicardoDelvalle7

RicardoDelvalle7 New Member

Hello, guys

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Well, A long time ago I had jailbroken my ipod touch (1st gen). Then after about 2x of mess ups & corupt/lost data & not reliable computer restore connect source, I had decided to stay on the regular working way of non-jailbraking. I found that there was a new update for 3.0 for $9.95. So, I got the update. Been with the update for about 2-3 months now. But now after all that time & with my own fairly new computer source, I've been thinking of jailbraking again. But now my concern is that I have made the purchase for that update & I have the App store on my ipod. I don't want that money for waste & lose the App store. How can I or would I jailbrake my ipod with the latest jailbrake version on my ipod without loosing the main purchase data?

And also, another reason for jailbraking is because I don't see a free app for remote computing from ipod. If you know of a free app for remote computing or even free site for that to work with my ipod, then let me know, so that then I may not have to feel the need for jailbraking my ipod.

Thank you for your help. Take care & God bless

2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Just update and iTunes will sync all your media and stuff back. Jailbreaking doesn't take away from any of your iPods functionality. It gives you more. You can use MochaVNC if your looking to remote desktop your computer.

Use redsnow 0.8 to jailbreak.
  3. RicardoDelvalle7

So, I can jailbrake my ipod & then after sync with itunes & have my stuff (including purchased items) back on it with the jailbrake functionality?
  4. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure all your apps and music are on your computer and in itunes

When done, hit sync, and it will put everything back on
  5. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You can upgrade to 3.0. Then sync everything on. Then jailbreak if you would like.

Or you could do it the way you stated.

Redsn0w doesn't erase anything.
  6. magusxxx

magusxxx New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Make sure you don't get confused like I did and lose the files I made with those apps! I didn't realize that syncing wasn't the same as backing up. Make sure to back up the iPod and copy the backup files on your computer somewhere else just in case.

Then: Install 3.0 -> Jailbreak -> Re-install Apps -> Re-install from Backup
  7. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This 3.0 jailbreak program isnt QuickFreedom (assuming that was what you used).

The 3.0 jailbreak program (redsn0w 0.7.1, redsn0w 0.7.2, redsn0w 0.8) takes all of 10 minutes and doesnt erase any data whatsoever.
  8. RicardoDelvalle7

It was Ziphone I had used long time ago. Yes, all my music & apps are on my desktop, except I have not authorized my desktop. I had already made the purchase for 3.0. So, I can get & run redsn0w & get my ipod jailbroken without any change or lost of data on my ipod?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I need a step by step process so I can do this safely & accurately. Please help if you can. Thank you

------------------double post merged------------------
    Nevermind guys. It works. This is a great helpful video for those wanting to jailbrake on 3.0: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnEzCUm5BRM

(Although I do recommend getting the latest version of redsn0w at it's main site [Here].)

This is a post reply to a question I had with the auther of the video on youtube & this is what I did, in case you get stuck when trying to do it. I hope it helps for those of you.

(V This post is of the ipod kind I got, which is ipod touch [1st gen, 8GB] V)

So, anyways, thanks for you guys' help, much appreciated. Take care & God bless

P.S.

Can I or would I be able to sync my ipod with itunes? & also, would I be able to update my ipod to a newer version & with a newer redsn0w (or some other jailbrake program) software with out losing data as well?
  9. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes and maybe.

And btw, it's "jailbreak", not "jailbrake".
  10. RicardoDelvalle7

Thanks & sorry for the bad grammer

, lol. Take care & God bless