Ipod Touch (1st gen) help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alexander.the.great, Oct 9, 2008.

1. alexander.the.great

alexander.the.great New Member

I am thinking about getting an Ipod touch 8GB and right now i have found the 1st gen for $209 and the 2nd gen for $229.

I was wondering if it would be better to get the ipod 1st gen since i don't really care about the built in speaker and I also wanted to knoiw if the new apps that come out will still work for the 1st gen ipod touch.

Also what is the jailbreak thing about i am not very educated in these things.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. jeffcball2004

jeffcball2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    for only 20 bucks more prob worth it to go with 2nd gen, however if interested in jailbreaking it right away go with the old model, can't JB new ones yet. Jailbreak allows it to use other apps and opens up many more things to do with it. You can always upgrade firmware and use the app store but will have to pay for some you will want. then you don't have to JB it right away.
  4. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

if i was u, i would definitely get the 1g, the 1g is nice and has everything you'll want and if u jailbreak, u can customize but the 2g is unjailbreakable right now so u cant customize it but it gives you all the appstore games and a nice speaker. Until the 2g gets jailbroken, i wouldnt get it if your the kind of person that wants to do more. Jailbreaking allows you to play homebrew games such as the gameboy advance and nes, and also download themes for your ipod. So, i would say u should get the 2g because of the extra features and all but im the kind of person that likes to customize and all so i would get the 1g. otherwise, u'll have to wait a pretty long time till u get to do more on ur 2g
  5. alexander.the.great

Ok thanks for the help
  6. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    also if this hasnt already been said all app should work with every touch or iphone
  7. alexander.the.great

So are y'all saying that you cant just get any app you want unless you jailbreak it?
  8. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yes that is true
  9. alexander.the.great

Oh ok
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I was just wondering but can you download the free apps on itunes just as easily as the commercials look or do you have to do stuff to your ipod?