IPOD touch 1st gen firmware 3.0 keeps on freezing up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jed_bello, Jul 11, 2009.

1. jed_bello

jed_bello New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys,

I upgraded my firmware to 3.0, downloaded it from 2 different links and after doing so using itunes 8.2 my ipod touch keeps on freezing up. have to to do hardreboot everytime, at first i thought that it only happened after i jailbroke it using redsnow. but when i tried restoring it without jailbreaking, its doing the same thing. Help! thanks
  2. xenorecor

xenorecor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Different links? You hacktivated it?
  3. jed_bello

jed_bello New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i mean just downloaded from 2 links, to check if its a problem with the firmware but both are doing the same thing when i do a restore..
  4. xenorecor

xenorecor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So.... You bought the firmware, right? If you did, go into DFU and restore. If you didn't, buy, and then DFU and restore.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok, no piracy. But, you should be able to download from iTunes without a problem. It sounds like it is the firmware being faulty.
  6. xenorecor

xenorecor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know no piracy. I just cant understand where he downloaded it from. He needs to buy it if he didn't but I cant tell from what he's saying.
  7. jed_bello

jed_bello New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i downloaded it from 2 different links, once you have that, and go to itunes, and then check for updates, if itunes detects that your firmware is 3.0 but you still dont have the file, it will download the 3.0 from itunes meaning the firmware i have is from itunes, difference is i just didint pay for it, i have 2 3.0 files from 2 different links and 1 3.0 file from itunes. and its happening to all of those when i tried each,
  8. xenorecor

xenorecor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay. Your still not making sense. How did you get it from iTunes if you didn't buy it?
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah... If you pirated it, just fess up. That's probably why it isn't working, anyways.
  10. jed_bello

jed_bello New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i got the firmware from another website which i know i cant post the link here. so i used it, upgraded it using itunes. if you are already in 3.0 which i am, and you click the check for updates in itunes 8.2 it will download the 3.0 firmware for free because it has detected that you already have a 3.0 firmware.. you get it now?