iPod Touch 1st Gen Charging Problems.. Please Help me!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brandon112233, Jul 19, 2010.

1. brandon112233

brandon112233 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My iPod Touch is 1st gen Jailbroken and has worked for a fine for the past 3 years, until recently it has had charging problems. It only charges if you pull up on the charger cord. so usually in order to charge i have to duct tape the cord to my ipod, lol. just today i went to charge it and the red battery screen came up so i thought it was charging, but no, it didnt charge at all. it stays on the battery low screen for a minute or two and shuts off, every once in a while the screen dies off and i can kinda see a faded version of the battery low screen. i REALLY need some help fixing this, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Try a different cable to make sure that's not the problem.
  3. brandon112233

brandon112233 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ive Tried Three cables, same thing with all of them. now it wants me to connect to iTunes randomly. Im gonna try and restore it, probably a firmware issue. Its all messed up, wont charge often, if i have the battery drained and try to charge it it takes hours to bring the percentage to 3%.
  4. brandon112233

brandon112233 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, its starting to charge now. it was definetly a firmware issue. thanks for replying headreaper.