Ipod Touch 1st Gen (Best Firmware Version To Jailbreak an Ipod Touch)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sugard0, Nov 12, 2008.

1. sugard0

sugard0 New Member

Hi, I am thinking of getting an Ipod Touch 1st gen off of ebay and I am going to manually jailbreak it, I have had experience in unlocking things for homebrew like the PSP, but with the Ipod its different (its easier for one). My friend has an Ipod Touch and he jailbroke his but because of the firmware he was on, he couldnt use some applications. Now I dont want any limitations, so I would like to know what firmware is the best version to jailbreak it on.

I know 1.0 is the lowest but its hard to get those but I would like to know where the limitations begin? Does it begin at 2.1 or something? Please help. And can an Ipod Touch 2nd Gen be jailbroken, if not, when will it be able to? Would it be worth me waiting for the 2nd gen to be jailbroke? Thankyou for reading and thanks in advance.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lot's of your answers can be easily solved with the search button.

And 2.1 is the best firmware.
    No, 2nd gen iPod touch can't be jailbroken.
  3. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    How about you use search and google first.

And dont get the 1G get the 2G use search and google.
  4. sugard0

sugard0 New Member

I am sorry I am new to these forums. I have searched around, and cannot find an answer. Why is 2.1 the best firmware to use for jailbreak, can every single app run on that version? And why should I buy the 2nd gen? For the app store? Are people continuing to support the homebrew for Ipod Touch 1st gen?
  5. thejosh88

thejosh88 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im running 2.1 and i have no complaints at all....its fast its easy and works amazing! does everything that you will want it to do (themes, apps, games etc.) And as for which ipod....if you want to jailbreak go for the 1G right now....if your willing to wait a bit to jailbreak then the 2G is the better ipod(just cant jailbreak as of yet)....so its rely all personal opinion....but id stick with 1G and 2.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    GOOGLE

2.1 is the latest therefore the best. You can ONLY jailbreak on the 1G iPod Touch but buy the 2G iPod Touch so youll be happy you did when the jailbreak for it comes out. You can use appstore on the 1G iPod Touch and ANY firmware 2.0 and higher.

That is all i am answering use google.
  7. sugard0

sugard0 New Member

You seem a little stubborn to be honest? Why are these forums here then? Lets all use google!!!! Man if you know some information that can help a fellow user, why do you try to hold it back. Why are you here, are you just some diversion or advertisement for google? Are they paying you something. I fail to understand your logic. I have searched on google, as far as im aware nobody has answered all my questions on google. Im ok now but your logic is in theory, terribly horrid.

Thats my two pence worth, thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Not really much of a warm welcome to this forums but oh well, ill have to find another site were I can click all the advertisements so I donate money to the site for helping me.

BYE
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Appledude is a total tool and waste of bandwidth. Don't let him keep you from enjoying the forum. Sometimes the search function doesn't allows work the best but it's always good to give it a shot. Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of people who are very helpful and knowledgable here so enjoy your stay.

9. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    JPGA13 you dont even know me so please do not label me. Im not rood to you like a bunch of people on the forum calling you out for sh*t, which is immature and you know what I mean.

I am saying these same questions are posted everyday when new members can use the search function or if all else fails google exactly what your looking for. You cannot tell me you wont get any hits.

If I wanted to be an ass you could really watch me but when you post the same question around the forum on top of asking things that have just been answered is just plain ridiculous and so is name calling.

Would you like me to become an ass because I can do that easier then being mature.
  10. thejosh88

thejosh88 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

thank you!!!!! i just made a pot about that same thing!