iPod Touch 1st Gen BATTERYLIFE!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sangchewea, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Sangchewea

Sangchewea New Member

Okay.. I bought the iPod Touch when it first came out.. 8gb.. Its been almost two years (i think) and Circuit City closed down, where i bought it iPod and the warranty.
    Last night and a couple weeks before i would charge the iPod one night to 99%, take it off the dock, turn the iPod on sleep just by pressing the top button and wake up to it being 2-10%.
    Is this a bad battery? What can i do to get a new iPod?
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    nothing unless you have apple care... or try to fix the battery yourself lol
  3. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You start saving up for the new one that is going to be announencted on septeber 9th. Yeah I have the battery problem with mine because I have to charge my iPod twice a day. So if you have AppleCare I would call them up and see what's up. If not it is time for your first iDevice to get a new music contract. Beside the two years is up.
  4. Sangchewea

Sangchewea New Member

What's a music contract?
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    find someone on craigslist who can replace a battery. first try to restore and see if that does anything. does your ipod act like it has 10% left? how long does it last? it might just be your battery indicator, cuz if its that bad, 10% should only last a couple minutes of use. also, if its jailbroken, themes and other things that you have running in the background use up battery. you might have installed something bad by accident and dfu+restoring it should delete all of that and it might clear up.