ipod touch 1st gen as GPS

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nikeman, May 10, 2009.

1. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I want to start off saying that I DID search and found a thread or 2 about the IGPS360. In those threads though, I didn't really get all of the information it seemed. I went to the website that was posted where I was supposed to be able to buy one of these IGPS360s but the website did not work for me for what ever reason. It gave me some sort of security warning and I did not trust it so I closed it out.

Anyway, I would like a nice laid out description of what exactly I need and what I need to do with it to make my Itouch a good GPS device. I have a GPS unit in my car but it seems out dated and its probably the only one ever made that can not be updated! I do not mind having to download google maps on my ipod because all I do with my ipod is play with all the apps and stuff from cydia. I only have 74 songs on it with about 1.5 Gigs of apps/other. lol If I can make it a nice GPS unit then I would be happy with just that since I plan on getting a 2nd gen for music and all the stuff they are actually made for!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does the GPS have USB or bluetooth? Thats the first thing you need
  3. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the GPS unit I already have? yes, it does have a USB cable.. Why though?
  4. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no more help on this subject?
  5. flashisflamable

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, you would need to be able to connect it to the iPod Touch. Once you do that, you have to write an app that can recognize the GPS connected to it. Do you know how to make applications? I sure don't.
  6. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I do not want to use my current GPS thing because its old and outdated, and does not have the ability to update online. I saw the IGPS360 thing but was wondering if there was something else better out there that will plug right into the bottom of the ipod. If not, where can I actually buy an IGPS360 because the website given on this site gave me a security warning which I never trust and I close out right away...
  7. flashisflamable

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  8. nikeman

nikeman Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have googled it before but none of those look like it will plug into the ipod...