iOS 3.1 ipod touch 1st gen 3.1.1 dowgrade to 2.2.1

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by andy1010, Sep 12, 2009.

1. andy1010

andy1010 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi i have got a ipod touch 1st gen and i was having trouble connecting it to my car so i upgraded to to version 3.1.1 and it hasnt worked in my car still

i was talking to somebody today and he said to downgrade it to version 2.2.1 so i can jailbrake it

i have having trouble doing this it keeps coming up with an error (20 i think )

can anybody help me please i an useing windows vista

thanks
  2. itouchuser08

itouchuser08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    you can go back to 2.2.1 from 3.1.1 in dfu mode
  3. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can jailbreak 3.0 firmware easier than it is to jailbreak 2.2.1

Put it in DFU Mode, and Shift+Restore to a legal 3.0 firmware file.
    Then, download redsn0w 0.8 and use that to jailbreak.

Much easier than QuickFreedom or redsn0w 0.3
    (Im assuming you used QuickFreedom)
  4. andy1010

andy1010 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    has anybody actually downgraded from 3.1.1 to an older version if so how did you do it? have you got any links for software
  5. atlanta

atlanta New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey heres the exact process i took to downgrade to 3.0 and then redsn0w 0.8 actually jailbroke it without a problem ok here we go

download fw 3.0 for your ipod touch i have 1g download 3.0 for which ever suits your ipod

Fw can be found here.. [redacted]

then open itunes and connect your ipod go to the ipod section in itunes and hold down shift and click on restore. Browse your computer and select the 3.0 fw. Itunes lets you downgrade only to 3.0 i believe. Let it load and verify 3.0 is on your ipod..

Then download redsn0w 0.8 from this ******* link
    http://*******s.[PIRACY.tb].org/4989699/redsn0w-win_0.8.zip.4989699.TPB.*******

open redsn0w and select the 3.0 software that you downloaded earlier.. it will patch it..

Then you will have to put the phone in DFU mode not recovery mode... to get into DFU, hold the power and the center button and plug in the usb cable as soon as you start holding the two buttons down after 10 secs let go of the power button while still holding the center button. then keep holding the center button for 30 seconds.. redsn0w should then detect your phone is in DFU and finish up the patching.. AND BAM YOUR DONE...
    i hope this helps