iPod touch 1st - big problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lestyan, May 4, 2009.

1. lestyan

lestyan New Member

1st of all i love my ipod, but now i`m doomed!
    and 2nd sry for my bad english i`m from romania.

How this problem started:
    I wanted to install 3.0 beta, i`ve got some errors in the end i installed 2.2.1 back. Everything was ok, i move my connection cable and the ipod started to connect and disconnect like ten time, i look carfuely to my cable and i observe that my connection cable has some wires out, i glue with something, then the computer dont see my ipod and the itunes too, but when i connect with my computer he charge. I whanted to restore from setting but he blocked and i push sleep + home button .. and then apeard on my screen the cable pointg to the itunes. I trie DFU mode, i pushh home and sleep like for 10 second i realese the sleep button and the ipod close and dont answer to the commands, is starts when i plugged out the cable. I whent with the ipod at m frend tryin` on his computer and his computer dosent see the ipod.

WHAT CAN I DO ?! PLEASE HELP ME
  2. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ur scrwd
  3. GoldRush!

GoldRush! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Get a new USB cable, it could have been ruined due to the fact that you glued it. So that is probably what it is my friend.
  4. lestyan

lestyan New Member

but why when i connect my cable and i whant to start ipod dosent whant .. ?! or when the cable is connected and i whant tot strat DFU mode, pushh the buttons for 10 sec. and the ipod goes black i release the sleep .. and nothing appear ?!
  5. GoldRush!

GoldRush! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Have you tried a holding both buttons for 10 seconds then letting go of the sleep button and keep holding the home button for 15 more seconds? Sorry, don't know if I read the post right...
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Looks like you need a new cable
  7. lestyan

lestyan New Member

but if`s not the cable? how are my chances that my ipod works?! i sai thay because the ipod charge when i connect with the computer. Some times down to the clock bar in windows say USB malfucntion
  8. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Well then what you have to do is be very exact with DFU if your trying to restore.

Use a stopwatch or something.
  9. lestyan

lestyan New Member

I`m gonna show the steps how i do it:

1. Ipod is plugged and on the screen appearing the cable pointing to the itunes..
    2. I press Sleep - Home button 10 seconds, after 7-8 second the screen goes off, i release the sleep button, i even stud with my finger on home buttln like an minute, nothing happend. and than the screen reamiang off .. i try to turn on my ipod with the cable connected but for nothing, when i plug out the cable and press the home button and the sleep button then the apple log appear, back to the screen with the cable pointing to itunes.
  10. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Once the screen goes off after holding both buttons down for 7-8 seconds keep holding both of them down for upto another 15.

Then release the power and keep holding the home for upto 30 or untill your ipod becomes recognized in windows.

Turn up your volume so you can hear both chimes go off.