Ipod Touch 1rst gen 16G will not sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by objectnuller, Dec 26, 2009.

1. objectnuller

objectnuller New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello,
    I purchased a used 16gb Ipod Touch for my wife and my computers will not recognize it (iTunes will also not ercognize it)
    Everytime it is plugged in I receive the USB Device not recognized message.

I have seriously went through hundreds and hundreds of forum threads on this site and others with no success.

I have tried it on:
    Vista home premium (all updates, USB 2.0, uninstalling all USB drivers and reinstalling, and complete uninstall and reinstall of iTunes.) An ipod Nano second gen works fine and does all its supposed to on this.
    XP Pro (all updates, USB2.0, uninstalling USB drivers and reinstalling, fresh install of iTunes. An ipod Nano second gen works fine and does all its supposed to on this.
    XP Home (all updates, USB2.0, fresh install of iTunes) This person hooked up two other (brand new) Ipod Touch 8gb's yesterday and they synched up right away.

No matter what I do, the computers will not recognize it. When I go to restore, I get USB Device not recognized, It has been fully charged and
    Reset All Settings through settings does not appear to have done anything.
    I attempted to restore using the stocky in this forum and nothing happens after I reach the screen with the cd and USB plug that shows up (USB Device not recognized does show up on the computer screen)

Attempting to go into DFU mode I just get the USB device not recognized message and nothing else.

The iPod itself appears to operate fine and connects to wifi signals and all apps on it work fine - so I am assuming it is a software problem.

Version listed under settings>about shows 2.2 (5G77)

The person I purchased it from stated it was jailbroken.

The only thing I have not attempted is to erase all contents and settings through the Settings about menu - the reason being if I can not get the thing to sync up to the computer my wife will be stuck with an ipod that she can not do ANYTHING on - at least this way she can play Bejeweled or bowling.

Any help would be appreciated!

Also:

It is not the cable ( I bought a new one and both work with my sons iPod.)