Ipod Touch 1Gen Categories.app manually add .app folders?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iam2fast4u2catch, Feb 8, 2009.

1. iam2fast4u2catch

iam2fast4u2catch New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hi There first Greetings from Switzerland.

I Just have my Ipod Touch 1Gen Updated to 2.2.1 And Jailbreaked ..

Then i have Put Back MXTube , it's Video's and playlist from Saved Backup via SSH.

So now my Question is: I have Reinstalles Categories, with all icon set's i had prevorius installed, then Put some App's back over ssh to /private/var/stash/Applications.3zWPJG of course the .3zWPJG is different folder.. set the "executable" to 775 and it's work.

Now i have some ".app" like Games 1.app folder that contains all infos for Categories to "sort" my app's i put a test app on: /private/var/stash/Applications.3zWPJG add them to the list in the Categories app's folder Games 1 in the File list.txt but it dosent appear in the Categories folder's Games 1.app it's still on the homescreen. of course i can them add over categories, but i want these apps i have in music.app,online.app (Categories .app folders) in list.txt in these folder's..

How it categories works ? Or handle these app folders after it added to a Categories app folder. ? i added some app's over categories main application their still remaining in the app folder: /private/var/stash/Applications.3zWPJG but dosent appear on the Home Screen. Does anyone have a Idea how Catergories work or handle it, that applications wo are in a Categories .app Folder dosent appear on Home Screen ?

P.S i have saved the OLD categories.app folders like Sound.app , online.app in there have put all my app's in when i was on 2.2 Firmware..

P.S I have set the Right's of Categories Launcher to 6755 and then The icon's appears in the App Categories Folder, but their still on the Home Screen too. And the moved Back to Ipod Folder is Not Visible (an even not editable) in Categories Main Programm.

Does anyone have a idea where Categories stores The Folder Thath have been created in Categories ? Like in a .plist file ?

Thx in Advance and Kind regards from Switzerland. Marco

2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could just remake the categories.
  3. iam2fast4u2catch

iam2fast4u2catch New Member

Add a p.s Note

P.S i have saved the OLD categories.app folders like Sound.app , online.app in there have put all my app's in when i was on 2.2 Firmware..

P.S I have set the Right's of Categories Launcher to 6755 and then The icon's appears in the App Categories Folder, but their still on the Home Screen too. And the moved Back to Ipod Folder is Not Visible (an even not editable) in Categories Main Programm.

Does anyone have a idea where Categories stores The Folder Thath have been created in Categories ? Like in a .plist file ?

i'm a freak that's all *gesh*

so i managed them all put the categories .app folders back , edit the list of categories in /private/var/mobile/Library/Categories

in next step i put back all cydia apps (normal .app folders) to: /private/var/stash/Applications.3zWPJG , set the right for each App "Executable" in /private/var/stash/Applications.3zWPJG/.... to 775

then put all Enumerated folders (like 0B0F5D6E-DBDB-4B98-9A10-FCF85043C0C1) back to: /private/var/mobile/Applications

next step i set the Right's for each Application "Executable" in /private/var/mobile/Applications/....... to 0775

then i put back the file: com.apple.mobile.installation.plist back to: /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches chmod the group + owner to mobile

Installing Python, and Python Objective C from cydia.

then Respring, and everything works fine...

Finally the last todo is that cydia know's wich applications i have Manually moved back
    and list them in Manage , Sections.. in cydia