iPod touch (1G) Won't Go to DFU for QuickPwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Guardian Hope, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope New Member

Every time I attempt to jailbreak my iPod Touch (1G) using QuickPwn 2.1 or the "Morphey" version of it, the step before the application takes over, "Release the Power Button and Continue to Hold Home for (30 Seconds)" which I'm assuming is to boot into DFU Mode will not successfully complete. I follow the steps exactly to the letter and I run both applications in Administrator Mode (I use Windows Vista Home Premium now).

I have restored my iPod touch without restoring the backup it made prior to restoration and it hasn't changed the outcome. I have tried this over 20 times and it does not work at all.

Any thoughts on a solution or what I could possibly be doing wrong?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Use the actual Dev Team software and make sure you know what the home and power button are.
  3. Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope New Member

I have used the actual Dev Team software, and I know what the home and power button are, I've had an iPod touch since it came out let alone an iPhone since it came out =).
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    WHich firmware are you on now? Which version of itunes?
  5. Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope New Member

I have Firmware 2.1 and I am now on iTunes 8.0.1.
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

My advice: Continue to hold the HOME button down after it does the countdown until the tool itself continues and you see the hard drive picture show up on the iPod. This seems to work best for most people, so long as your Windows install isn't screwed up enough not to detect the iPod in Recovery or DFU modes as it can't load said drivers.
  7. Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope New Member

Could you specify what you mean by continuing to hold down the home button. The reason I'm asking this is that the application comes up with an error stating: "Your device has connected in the wrong mode. This can be cause by incorrect following or USB Connection. Please try again." and takes me back to make sure the USB device is plugged in and I must reboot the iPod.

Edit - Jarlath, I just read your last sentence and I believe you are right. My Inspiron 1720 is dying and is being replaced by Dell as the Hard Drive slowly fails. I guess I will have to wait till my Studio 17 arrives to attempt this again as Windows Installer doesn't even bring up the driver installing screen.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Sounds like you are in recovery. Hold down the power until it goes off, restart and if it goes back to the normal screen it was in recovery not DFU
  9. Deft

Deft New Member

this happened to me also.. and I THINK i have the solution.. BEFORE the 5second HOME hold goes BOLD hold it before it goes bold.. it worked for me.. when i tried multiple times..

and hold the HOME down harder than you would any other time too.. then by the time it hits 14secs it should pwn itself..
  10. stella

stella New Member

I am having the same problem. If it was successfull would installer be there? I have tried it twice so far and it looks the same as before.