iPod Touch 1G vs. 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by square965, May 4, 2009.

1. square965

square965 New Member

Hello, I own a Jailbroken iPod touch 8gig first generation and have since December of 07. A friend of mine is selling his 2nd generation for $120 and I plan to buy it, not really because I'm interested in the new features, but because I'm obsessed with technology and I can't stand having the old version (lame I know).

Anyway, my question is how much would you pay for an iPod Touch 2nd gen 8 gig? I'm getting a good deal right? The back is pretty scratched up, but the screen is fine.

Also, how much should I sell my iPod for? It has a few dead pixels and 2 dents in the back, but works fine.

Thanks.
  2. iMantouch

iMantouch New Member

I would buy a USED 2nd gen 8 GB iPod touch for about 100 dollars. And you can pretty much sell your old one on ebay for about the same or MORE.
  3. square965

square965 New Member

bump, more opinions please.
  4. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I would buy the 2G for the same price and sell the 1G for at least 100-120.
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

Definitely fix the dead pixels. That could subtract up to 1/3 of it's value!
  6. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

i'd fork out $120 for a used 2G, and fix the pixels on the 1G and sell it online for $150
  7. Germany

Germany Banned

Here is a great guide by stmteam. I have tried this and it works very well!

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you really need to have the latest version of everything, maybe you could wait until the new iPod Touch comes out around September.

There's no guarantee it will come out since it hasn't been announced, but it's almost 100% that one will come out.

If price is an issue, then I would say buy your friends iPod, I do believe thats a good price.

Regarding your current iPod I don't know, I've never sold any 1st gens, only 2nd gens. You could always look up on Ebay to get an idea how much yours is worth.