iPod touch 1G vs 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pogoyoyo, Oct 24, 2008.

1. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So since my iphones gone im in the market for buying a new ipod
    thing is tho is that i got a 100$ router just for my iphone so i could SSH it and surf the web. But it got stolen so now im stuck with a router and no wireless device, so im probably not going for an iphone, but the ipod touch. But what i want to know is this one question: is the 2G really a better buy than a used 1G? I mean i know the JB for 2G aint comin anytime soon, and non JB ipod touch sucks

Please Register or Log in to view images

... but i dont think i could survive without exterior volume control

the other thing is that i can get a used 1G for 100$ less than a brand new 2G, so i duno what to do, if anyone reading this that upgraded from 1G to 2G, would you say it was worth it??
    lemme know your thoughts
  2. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

It's a tough decision, and to be honest, you're always going to have wished you went with the other one. I'm happy with my 2G, but I want a JB

I went with the 2G. I'm happy overall, except that I'm a bit bummed over the JB, and sometimes I get down and think "there will never be one." There probably will be, it will just take some time.

Enough rambling by me! It's really all up to you.
  3. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I say go with 1G bro./sis. because a jailbreak is more important and bigger than volume control (at least to me it is). Just think, with jailbreak you can do anything you want...well not anything, but still A lot of stuff.
  4. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

But the counter to that is that surely there will eventually be a Jailbreak for the 2G.

But eventually may be awhile.
  5. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    dude, exterior volume isnt that big. Just double tap the home button to get some volume control. But again, it's up to you.
  6. dukemanchris

dukemanchris New Member

yeah, i dont know thats kind of a tough decision. Im having problems with my 1g ipod touch, and am about to upgrade simply because of the stability and beacause its a new ipod. So i say go with the 2g beacuse of the stability, and also beacuse it has a freakin speaker, nike plus, external volume controls, and a mic.

ALSO BECAUSE ITS NEWER!!!
  7. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

you're absolutely right.

dude, u should go for 1G ipod touch, if u want u can buy 32gb. lol

an ipod without JB is useless. u can just buy a nano instead of 2G without JB

hehe.

just what sotaku22 said, if the exterior volume control is ur problem, just double tap the home button.

and i also think that even if the ipod touch 2G JB is released, it wont differ on 1G touch JB.
  8. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

The app store has held me over just fine so far. I don't see what would make it "useless." It's still a fantastic device.

The nice thing about the volume buttons is that you don't have to turn the screen on to use them.

And yes, the 2G JB will make a difference, because the 2G is more stable and seems to have a faster processor. That's another thing - the 2G crashes much less and is much smoother throughout everything in 2.X firmwares than the 1G.
  9. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

oh really.....why?
  10. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    See, i dont care about all this stuff you guys are talking about. I've seen much less stable things than a 1G ipod touch. And for your information, i can change the volume by double tapping the home button and adjusting in my pocket, just fine. Do what you want bro./sis. your choice.