iPod Touch 1G unable to be restored.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hikato, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Hikato

Hikato New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First off, before you start telling me to use the search function, believe me, I have done a search using the forum search as well as a Google search. I've tried every method I've seen and nothing has changed.

As we speak, the iPod is attempting to restore to 2.2.1. As with any time I can actually get to the restoring, it stays at "Verifying iPod restore..." I've left it overnight multiple times and nothing has changed.

The iTouch will not display the 'Connect to iTunes" screen, and sometimes when attempting to restore, the screen will go white for a few moments and then go black when iTunes recognizes it in restore mode.

I've gotten many errors in my attempts, usually error 9, 2001, 2005 and I believe 21.

You may find that I give limited information, but any questions or methods you may have, feel free to post. I'd just like to get this thing working again.

-Hikato
  2. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Have you downloaded the firmware from a website?
  3. Hikato

Hikato New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I downloaded each firmware I've tried (1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.5, 2.2.1) directly from Apple.
  4. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Does it respond? Can you put it into DFU mode?
  5. Hikato

Hikato New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It responds, somewhat. I never get a "charging" icon or "connect to itunes", but I can get it into DFU mode. I was able to use iRecovery to execute one of the iBSS files (following a guide). It didn't change anything.
  6. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Have you tried different computers?
  7. Hikato

Hikato New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've tried four different computers and pretty much every single USB port on each. I tried two desktops (both running Windows XP SP3) and two Macs (my laptop, listed in sig, and my father's iMac, both running OS X 10.5.6).
    Edit: Also, the local Genius Bar couldn't figure it out, either. They did say $150 for a replacement, though.