iPod touch 1G turning off in sleep

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by admchn, Jul 21, 2009.

1. admchn

admchn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have a jailbroken iPod touch 1G, I bought it in December 07, 2 months after they had come out in the UK. When I updated to 2.0 last year, it would occasionally it would turn off when I 'slept' it, but it was a rare occurence so I thought nothing of it. When I updated to 3.0 not long ago, the problem became a lot more common.

I read somewhere that old iPod touch 1Gs have a habit of switching themselves off during sleep. Is this true?

Or is it possible that the jailbreak is causing it?

Either way, any helpful comments/thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

And by the way, restores did nothing.
  2. UntouchableiPod

UntouchableiPod New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I kind of had a problem like that
    my ipod when in sleep would go off but when i would try to turn it back on
    it would not turn on. i would have to reset (hold home and sleep button till it comes on)
    i couldn't understand why at first but i later figured out that the case i had, had a magnet in it and that was messing with it some how because when it was out of the case it would never do it.

so if you have it in a case with a magnet i would take it out and see if it does it any more
  3. admchn

admchn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for such a quick and helpful reply ^^. I'll definately try taking it out of the case and seeing if it helps. +rep for you too if I can find the right button

Please Register or Log in to view images