iPod Touch 1G likely bricked...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dallmeyer, Jan 23, 2010.

1. dallmeyer

dallmeyer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my friend gave me his 1g ipod touch to try to fix, and ive tried about a billion different things. when he gave it to me, it showed the connect to itunes screen, and when connected to his pc or laptop, nothing happened. when i connected it to my pc (xp) it came up "usb device not recognized" and obviously didnt show up in itunes. i connected it to my other pc (win7) and same thing. so i put it in DFU mode, and it couldnt restore on my xp computer. so i tried it on the win7 pc and it worked, but then when i connected it to my xp pc it was still not recognized, and when i connected it to the win7 pc again it was unrecognized! so i deleted all content and hoped to try again. well, now ive got it down to this, its only "recognizable" by either computer when its in DFU mode, and when i try to restore i get the 160x errors. so ive tried irecovery and libusb and restarting my computers, unplugging them, reinstalling itunes, i even rain redsn0w on it and tried a 3.0 firmware (i couldnt exactly select the CURRENT firmware because there was none on there), and it actually worked until the reboot where it went back to the connect to itunes screen and was unrecognized by the pc as usual (redsn0w didnt pick up anything). so i'm about to give up, but i thought id see if you guys have any other possible solutions that might get it working again. thank you.
  2. haydos246

haydos246 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try dfu mode with blackra1n
  3. dallmeyer

dallmeyer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im pretty sure blackra1n works from not-dfu mode, but im trying atm, blackra1n has said "waiting for device" for a few mins now.