iPod touch 1G help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rubiakatonbo, May 16, 2010.

1. Rubiakatonbo

Rubiakatonbo New Member

Hello,

The ipod app recently stated that I have no music (keeping podcasts intact), despite the fact that it's still taking up space on the drive.

itunes freezes when I try to connect the iPod, although it did this before the music problem. I tried the ipod on another computer and it freezes itunes there as well.

When I went to put it into recovery dfu mode, it won't work no matter which way I try. I'm wondering if it's something to do with itunes freezing when I plug the ipod in. The ipod is otherwise functional and is jailbroken.

Please can someone help find a way to restore it.
  2. deathcorefan2

deathcorefan2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    update itunes maybe?what firmware and operating system are u using?
  3. Rubiakatonbo

Rubiakatonbo New Member

I'm very surprised but updating iTunes did help. It seems to find the iPod now. Just doing a restore to be on the safe side with it all.

Many thanks for your help.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    After all, it is an iPod touch 1G. We were still back on iTunes 7 when the 1G was released.
  5. Rubiakatonbo

Rubiakatonbo New Member

Back again...

I've been able to restore my iPod through iTunes (and updated to firmware 1.3.1) but I can't get into DFU mode still when using the Redsnow 0.9.4 installation.
  6. Rubiakatonbo

Rubiakatonbo New Member

Can anyone help?
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Are you following these exact steps?

By the way, you made a typo so I'm not sure what firmware you meant but just fyi, Redsnow 0.9.4 is for 3.1.3.
  8. raygo

raygo New Member

I also have a 1G ipod touch. I have updated (legally) to V3.1.3 (7E18). I want to add a mike and have seen through other posts that I might be able to add a McAlly IVoice Pro (or other) into the 32 pin docking slot. However this looks bulky and ugly and doesn't work great. Also some concern about whether apps will work or not. BUT I WANT TO TURN MY TOUCH INTO A PHONE and use the skype app. Can you please suggest what mike solution I should try? I know that the earbuds won't work on my 1G model. I am hoping to add one component and get use of this as a phone.

YOUR HELP WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED.
  9. Rubiakatonbo

Rubiakatonbo New Member

Hello, yes I'm trying to use Redsnow 0.9.4 for 3.1.3 as I managed to do a restore on iTunes, I just can't get into DFU mode...and yes I've tried it in all the ways known to man!

Please Register or Log in to view images