ipod touch 1g error 28

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gators92, Jul 18, 2010.

1. gators92

gators92 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my friend went and tried to jailbreak his 1g ipod touch and somehow got it stuck at the apple logo. It was at 3.1.3. I have it in dfu mode but keep getting error 28 when i try to restore from 3.0 up to 3.1.3. Itunes is at 9.2. tried to jailbreak with redsnow at different versions but it stalls towards the end. I am ready to tell my friend to put it in a microwave or something. just wanted to ask if anyone knows of anyway.

and yes i have done some research and saw that it could be a hardware thing and that even if it gets fixed that it could possibly come up again because it is possibly a hardware thing.
  2. Isaac

Isaac Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Error 28 has something to do with preventing you to downgrade. I am in the same situation. You will have to update to 4.0 and wait for the spirit update. (like i am) Or, if you have the shsh blobs backed up just look up how to modify the hosts file after you update it and you should be able to downgrade again.

hope that helped =D
  3. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    how can he update to 4.0? He has an ipt 1G! :/
  4. gators92

gators92 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright well i couldnt fix it. thanks for the suggestions. told my friend to just buy a new ipod touch
  5. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    actually, have an idea. Upgrade to the latest in the 3.0.x firmware. then up to 3.1 and 3.1.3.
  6. gators92

gators92 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for idea Fike, it looked like it worked but then the apple logo came up again and got the error again. thanks again for the ideas.