iPod Touch 1G downgrade to 3.1.2 from 3.1.3 detected

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrlacoste16, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrlacoste16

mrlacoste16 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey Guys,
    I found out a way how to downgrade your iPod Touch 1G to 3.1.2. It's just simple. You've to download blackra1n RC3 and the iPod Touch 1G Firmware 3.1.2 (search google!) have to run it, then you click "make it ra1n", you iPod Touch will now run into recovery mode, then it will come up a black screen and that's all, wait until blackra1n says "Enjoy your jailbroken ...". Now you've to close blackra1n and run iTunes, then iTunes will say iPod detected in recovery mode ... now you have to click recover (by pressing the alt key), then you've to choose the recently downloaded firmware 3.1.2, then go on to restore. iTunes will restore youre iPod and then it's downgraded to Firmware 3.1.2. Now you can enjoy your iPod Touch with the old firmware and you can still jailbreak it with blackra1n (now with an effect!) and you can enjoy cydia and all the other nice things! I checked this with iTunes Version 9.0.3 (15), this should be the newest iTunes App. My device was the first iPod Touch Generation, so I don't know if it will work newer iPod Touch Models or iPhones, I still have an iPhone - but it's on Version 3.1.2 and I won't check this out

Please Register or Log in to view images

So have fun and good luck!

btw: I give no guarantee for function.
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah uhh thats how its supposed to work, the only one that does not allow downgrading is the 3G. 1G and 2G can easily

Oh and the 3GS cant downgrade either
  3. mrlacoste16

mrlacoste16 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.