ipod Touch 1G Change Mac Address on OS 3.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by swordsaint_ss, Jul 18, 2009.

1. swordsaint_ss

swordsaint_ss New Member

I don't know if this has gone the way of the dodo bird but the methods to change your ipod touch's mac address have all ceased to work on OS 3.0

I have the benefit of having two 1G Touch devices one on 2.2.1 an the other i upgraded to 3.0 Officially.

Both have Terminal on them and the application Spoofmac. The one on 2.2.1 can run the ifconfig command thru terminal while the OS 3.0 one returns "ifconfig command not found ". Hence Spoofmac does not worok on it either as all that application does it automate the ifconfig command using a GUI.

Any suggestions? Is there a new app that has been written for OS 3.0 or has apple simply removed all means of implementing this on the touch?

Can someone confirm this on their touch or iPhone as well please.

I would have liked to use the new features on OS 3.0 but my university restricts wifi use to one mac address and I prefer to use my touch to my laptop inside of campus and classrooms so MAC Changing is a MUST for me (that's also why i haven't bought the 2G touch as no one has got it to work on that device ever).

Thanks everyone!
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, If they blocked your MAC address maybe it's for a reason. Go ask them to unblock it.
  3. swordsaint_ss

swordsaint_ss New Member

anyone with a more constructive post? the issue is not my need for changing the address. it has been proven in countless threads a that there are valid reasons for wanting to do so, thus i won't belabor that point anymore.
    Change mac address on 3.0 anyone?
  4. dude111115

dude111115 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry man this topicisnt a very popular one, as in i have combed the forums alot in here before and never even knew about the MAC change on a 2.2.1
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ill look into it to comfirm
  5. swordsaint_ss

swordsaint_ss New Member

bump to expose this to all fellow users who need this mod as well
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I can personally attest that SpoofMac works on my iPod (running 3.0). Have you tried installing Erica Utilities or similar for terminal?
  7. shank65blu

shank65blu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    FIX of YOU!!!!

hey, dude I had the same problem but fixed it.

heres the deal

You prolly jailbroke and opt to get both cydia and icy installed with the jailbreak on 3.0

what happens is....it goes and messes up you readline and cydia has troble installing seperate plugins...and things it reads after jailbreaking.

What you need to do, is rejailbreak, without installing icy, ONLY cydia and then goto cydia, install all the libraries. Spoofmac works through the terminals ifconfig command but just installing terminal wont give that command library. It is needed to install that library also. Then once you get spoofmac, and terminal...including the networking libraries...it works