Ipod Touch 1G can't jailbreak 3.0! Please help...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Mobious, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hey guys I have been trying for the past 4 days now. I can't seem to get my damn friends 1G to jailbreak. It gets stuck on waiting for reboot with redsn0w 7.1 and 8.0. I have the correct firmware and everything.

Ofcourse before I posted I google'd and tried everything, also posted on another forum on this site and well I didn't notice the jailbreak section so I thought I would post here.

Anyways here are the so called fixes that I have tried.

Removed the USB cable and put it back in, still no luck

Did a full restore and tried again, still no luck

Tried 3 different USB ports, still no luck

I tried it once with LIB USB, then removed it and tried it, still no luck

Ran it in Admin mode, still no luck, completley removed vista's security thing so admin mode does not matter anymore, still no luck

Finally tried to run in XP compatability mode, still no luck.

Whats weird though is I have succefully jailbroken my iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 2G so I know its not my computer, what is there left to do?

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone who is having this problem, I have found a solution. Do it on another computer.
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Had the same problem, same solution works, just a pain for people who dont have acess to 2 computers when they need it xD
  3. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah it is. Ah well, must be something to do with LibUSB since I had that installed on my comp, then I uninstalled it, but I guess it leaves some things on your computer that sorta messes things up.
  4. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you cant jailbreak your 1g with redsn0w, try with quickpwn
  5. deathsycthehe11

deathsycthehe11 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the same problem the first time. I followed the guide here and it says to put it in recovery mode before you start the program. I decided to put it in recovery mode wen redsnow says i needed to and it worked like a charm.
  6. jailwut wunnow

jailwut wunnow New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm sorry but you have to use redn0w to jb 3.0. Quickpwn is for 2.x.
  7. cesces

cesces New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi. im having the same problem. i've been trying to jailbreak my itouch 2nd gen 3.0 for 3days with redsnow, ziphone, and quickfreedom but all of it doesn't seem to work. and im pretty sure im doing the steps right. Also get stuck on waiting for reboot. The screen just turns black and stays like that forever. im getting frustrated with this. =( PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME...

Thank you so much
  8. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    3 things,

1) when it says waiting for reboot, are you still holding the home button? you should hold the home button all the way until you get the picture appears on your ipod,

2) if it crashes on waiting for reboot, restart redsn0w and it will automaticly go back to what ever stage it crashed on once its checked the fw.

3) if possible use a different computer.

Good Luck =)