ipod touch 1g biggest prob ever!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bizzy212, Jun 24, 2010.

1. bizzy212

bizzy212 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok well my brother called me and asked me to fix his problem but this is something i never came across,so apparently he put his ipod to charge for almost 2 hours and wen he turnd it on it wouldnt turn on and it will stay in the apple screen and shut off and same thing continues,the problem with this is that,his "home" button doesnt work!! he had a virtual home button on his springboard......sooo does anyone know a solution to bring his ipod back? he doesnt care if he has to restore either.remember,there isnt a home button or anything,so im wondering,is there a program that can help him out? and 1 more thing,when he plugs in his ipod,since its not loading,itunes doent recognize his ipod at all..sooo wut should he do?
  2. jmanup85

jmanup85 New Member

its an epic fail for you not to mention the ipod is on 3.0 and the computer doesnt read it either.

edit: ok im the brother he spoke of and i can elaborate a bit if i have to. my ipod touch is 1st gen and 16 gb,the home button got jammed or something a long time ago and i have been using mcquickdo in the meantime. its 3.0 jailbroken and it was charging and just wouldnt turn on it hangs at the apple logo and goes back to a black screen. so is it beyond my reach to fix or not is what i wanna know?
  3. awsm514

awsm514 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, I don't use this forum a lot, but I can try to help, as no one else has tried.
    Your best bet would be to use the tips in this forum:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62950
    as that can fix most of your problems tech wise.
    I would like to note that you may want to contact apple for information about your warranty (if you have one) as the fact that your home button not working is a pretty big problem.
  4. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No home button, no dfu mode.
    DEAD?
    iRecovery?
    iReb?
    give them a go... =]
  5. jmanup85

jmanup85 New Member

hmm thanks i will try the tips techwise and see what i can do from there