iPod touch 1G and 2G comparison

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kurtisboyd, Sep 10, 2008.

1. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    via CrunchGear:

For the full article (including pictures and lots more comparison, go to: http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/09/09/upgrade-to-the-new-ipod-touch-eh-not-so-much/
  2. gunspray

gunspray Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    good info...
  3. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. azanutta

azanutta New Member

has anyone understood if the new in-ear headphones are compatible with any sort of itouch 1gen?!?! maybe it depends on the firmware...
    maybe it'll be compatible only if there's the 2.1 firm.... i hope for.... =(
    i really miss a mic...
  5. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think so...

I read somewhere that this is because the 1st Gen doesn't have line-in support.
  6. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Heyy thanks alot man

Please Register or Log in to view images

But you forgot to include the outside volume controls which is a nice touch except double tapping home is pretty quick too

Anyways good comparison
  7. DaN_Himself

DaN_Himself New Member

Yeah, teslanaut said that... but we still have the hacked mic avaliable... goes into the dock connector... I wonder if it will work with the 2.1 apps that will use the mic...
  8. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think I'll stick with my 1st gen until either the third or it gets stolen.
  9. DaN_Himself

DaN_Himself New Member

same here.. unless that bluetooth chip will provide some good stuff and not only the nike+ thing...
  10. iamjustyeah

iamjustyeah New Member

ok, i dont have an Ipod Touch, i have the older Vidio ipod. My BIGGEST question is what is the difference which you pretty much answered.
    my other question is, since the refurbished Ipod Touches are much cheaper than the new ones would it make that big of a difference if i got the older one?
    am i missing out on anything special aside from the speaker (which i dont care about) and the volume control, will i be disapointed or missing out on anything if i get the first generation?
    (i know you i can update the software so i would be geting all of those nifty updates that it comes with anyways) but are there any actually hardware updates that they added?
    will the new games that they are coming out with work on the older generation?