ipod touch 1G 3.0 JB:black screen/wont turn on/wont connect to comp

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nyrkeke, Aug 3, 2009.

1. nyrkeke

nyrkeke Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    well i have a ipod touch 1st generation with the 3.0 software on it and its jailbroken and heres what happened:

the ipod was working fine last night, it had a 100% battary and everything and i had the ipod in sleep mode like i always do when i go to sleep lol. and i went to work this morning and went to turn the ipod on to listen to music and and it didnt turn on or anything, it just has a black screen and now i cant even get it to connect to the computer unless i put it in recovery mode and when i try to shift+ restore to put the 3.0 software back on it it says that there is an error in restoring(1601 error) i havnt just hit the restore button b.c my comps to slow to download the 231 mb firmware lol. also it wont go into dfu mode, and to get in that you have the ipod off and hold the home+power for 10 sec then release power and hold home only for 30 sec right while the ipod plugged into the computer right?

if anyone knows whats wrong and how to fix please let me know or direct me some where so i can fix it or something.

thanks for the help

***also im new to posting on this site so if this is in the wrong section please move it and let me know thanks***

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. tsupert

tsupert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm going to assume your on windows xp or vista (only OS i have, and this will only work for those.)
    I'm going to assume you have speakers, or some way to hear sounds from your computer.
    If either of these assumptions are wrong, this will not work.

Restart your computer.
    Plug your ipod into your computer
    open itunes(IT MUST BE OPEN)
    Hold both the power and home buttons until you hear a usb disconnect sound from your computer.
    When you hear the sound, release the power button, keep holding home until you hear a usb recconect sound from computer.
    Let go of both buttons.
    Shift+click on restore, find your firmware
    Rejailbreak
    Resync.

If you have done that and it has not worked, let me know. There are a few more fixes.
  3. The UNtouchable One

The UNtouchable One New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What software did you use? Redsn0w? I used redsn0w on mine and it worked fine! Had to do it twice because Cydia didn't install completely the first time.

But if you did it some other way, that could've fallen through what few cracks there are in bricking an iPod. It's super hard to brick one, too.

4. nyrkeke

nyrkeke Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    thanks guys im going to try tsupert's way then hopefully that works, and yes i used redsn0w the untouchable one
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok tsuperts method didnt work and im still getting the 1601 error when i do it any other ideas?
  5. tsupert

tsupert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, 1601 is an itunes error. Completely unistall itunes and reinstall itunes 8.2 (do you have itunes 8.2 even, that might be the problem)

I did not see error 1601 in your post (i tend to skim things), sorry
    If you don't know how to uninstall, google it. I don't have time to post right now
    sorry
  6. nyrkeke

nyrkeke Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    well i have the newest itunes and it still dont connect to the computer
    ok now i tried the restore thing again and i have a white screen now?whats should i do? did i make it further into f***in myself with this or am i in the right direction?
    hey dont worry about it guys thanks for the help i got my ipod to restore back to factory settings,thanks tsuperts for all ur help, i wont b jailbraking this until i get a new ipod so this one can b my "to f*** around with"ipod lol