iPod Touch 16GB REV 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hazard99, Nov 28, 2008.

1. hazard99

hazard99 New Member

Hello all

Please Register or Log in to view images

I bought my 16GB 2nd generation iPod Touch off macmall yesterday, and I just looked the order status. It says "iPod Touch 16GB REV 1.1.3" and I was wondering if that as significant. Does it mean that it won't come with the 2.0 software update, or are they sending me a 1st generation iPod Touch? My receipt says it is a 2nd generation.... and I thought all new iPods Touches come with the 2.0 software update. I'm not sure what to think. If you know what this means, let me know

Thanks for the info
  2. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thats strange, it sounds as if it is a first generation with firmware 1.1.3. You might have gotten jipped, because all 2nd gen douches come with 2.1.1 at least.
  3. hazard99

hazard99 New Member

I had a good laugh because of the "douches" typo

That's what I was afraid of. The receipt clearly says I ordered a 2nd gen iPod, so either they haven't changed how the iPod appears on the order status feature, or they are sending me the wrong product. I guess I'll call sometime between my flights to hopefully resolve what's going on. I dont think I saw any 1st gen 16gb iPods on the site, so I should be okay, but I'll call to make sure.
  4. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, lol douches (cant spell). Anyway, yeah call them, depending on what you get. But firmware 1.1.3 can not ever run on a 2nd gen
  5. hazard99

hazard99 New Member

I called, and the guy confirmed it was a 2nd gen iPod Touch. He didn't specify why it was labeled as Rev. 1.1.3 though. Just wanted to update in case someone else has the same question in the future