iPod Touch 16gb Jail-Break?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by plainodd, Dec 12, 2008.

1. plainodd

plainodd New Member

I'm confused here, I wanted to get into iPod Touch jailbreaking after I got my Touch for Chanukah, and i'm confused with the process after reading all these things.

It seems the lowest version jailbreak things I can find are 1.1.x, Does that mean there is nothing for just version 1? Or is that non-exsistent?

And for Cydia, how do you obtain it? I hear things about Jailbreak 2.0 putting it up automatically, but I thought a Jailbreak just put installer.app onto your Touch/Phone so you could download these things. If that's how it works, how would I go about putting Cydia on it?

And, a short summary or so of what I should be doing, to avoid those horror storys or what not. As it seems there is all these programs for jail-breaking, and i'm confused as they're all going with a specific version, etc.
  2. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you don't understand the tutorials on here, I'd recommend you look some things op on YouTube. It can help a lot to watch someone do it, and kind of walk through it with you.

Also, I see your device thing, but I'm asking just in case you accidentally marked it wrong, dou you have the 1G (No internal Speaker or Volume Rocker on Side) or the 2G (Interneal Speaker and Volume Rocker)?
  3. plainodd

plainodd New Member

It's a 2G. Sorry for responding so late. <.<
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry to hear that. There is currently no jailbreak for the 2G. Nor is the main Dev Team working on one. They are currently occupied with an unlock for the iPhone 3G as well as several other projects.

So sadly a jailbreak fo rthe Touch 2G is a bit far off. All you can do is sit tight and hope.
  5. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Lol wrong forum dude.
    1.1.1 is the lowest
    2.2 is the highest
  6. plainodd

plainodd New Member

Well, wouldn't a 2G iPhone jailbreak be the same thing? Or does that not exsist either?
  7. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nope not at all. Not even close.
    The 2G/3G in the iPhone name refers to the network they are on.

For the Touches its really G1, G2(Generation #)
    The iPod Touch Generation 2 is the only unit Apple has out that is using a new mobile processor. And it is this that does not play nice with the way the jailbreaking is currently done. So you just have to sit and wait for them to work on it.