iPod Touch 16gb disabled

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shrubby, Apr 28, 2008.

1. shrubby

shrubby New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi there,

I'm considering buying a pre-owned 16 gb iPod Touch from someone. I will be meeting him in person to examine the iPod before purchasing it. According to him, the iPod is disabled, and he doesn't have the passcode. Whether or not he is the original owner, I have no idea. So I'm just wondering how it would be best to deal with this.

Doing a Google search, I can't really find a definitive answer, and some people are telling me that Apple won't deal with it because it was pre-owned.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

Try this

Or I think you can plug it into the original computer that you first synced it with.
  3. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

If he forgot the pascode..he obviously stole it.. lol..but couldn't you just do a DFU restore or any kind of restore...?
  4. shrubby

shrubby New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I obviously won't have access to the original computer if I'm buying it from him, and he doesn't know the passcode.
  5. personman1

personman1 Banned

You'll have to restore using restore mode and it'll work. I actually had a dream that I found 4 iPhones once.
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It could be stolen or he may have another reason why he is selling it. Although, if he IS selling it only because he does not remember the passcode, you can just do a simple restore, which looks very stupid on his part! If not too personal, how much?
  7. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Still buying it from him, even if he did know the passcode, i would still restore, so thats the only way, and its a guarentee 100% full proof plan that always works

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. shrubby

shrubby New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    From the pictures I've seen of it, I really can't see anything wrong with it, other than the error that shows up. If restoring is all I have to do to fix it, I'll go ahead and buy it. He wants 150 for it, and I'm offering 120. I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks for the help.
  9. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah, most likely it got stolen, but who cares! just restore it and it should work
  10. shrubby

shrubby New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Update for those you wanted to know. I met the guy today. I haggled it down to 100 because it was a little beat up, and did the restore on it. Thanks for the help guys!