iPod Touch 16 GB for $200??!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sitric, Oct 3, 2007.

1. sitric

sitric New Member

iPod Touch 16 GB for $200??!?! *probably a SCAM*

Hey i was just browsing amazon earlier today. i came across a like-new iPot 16GB for $200 then i emailed the seller asking why he was selling it for such a low proce, if it has the negative effect, warranty and bricked or not...
    he just emailed back saying

"
    Sir,
    I have in stock 10 units. My products have 2 years warranty and i want to sell all.
    The product is brand new in original box whit all acesories.
    Thanks and i wait your mail whit your decision.

"

What should i do? should i give it a try... through amazon that is... what do you say?
  2. michaelchan0427

michaelchan0427 New Member

scam, think about it. If it sounds too good to be true, that's probably a scam
  3. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

Just cause its through amazon doesnt mean its reputable. be wary, chances are he will ask for a money order through western union or something like that. almost definitely a scam
  4. sitric

sitric New Member

you are probably correct.. the last few emails from this seller are very vague and "drunk"...

btw, the merchants "name" is ilisapeti lino, and also i cant find his sales page on amazon any more...
  5. sitric

sitric New Member

well, then i guess that the deal from target.com is probably the best one right now.
  6. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Lets think about it 16 gig ipod - 400 bucks extra warrantee - 60 bucks... scam that is
  7. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

If that is a direct cut/paste of his email, the email alone should set off alarms and sirens in your head. The spelling and grammar seems as if English is not this person's first language. I suspect this to be a person in a country in which you have no way of recovering your money once the deal goes down.

PS - What's the Target deal? I see it listed at $399, same as everyone else, and not even in stock ATM.
  8. sitric

sitric New Member

well, there is a speacial discount coupon code which gets you $30 off iTouch 8Gig or 16Gig...
    so, what i bought was... (($299 + $5.95) - $30) + taxes. = $288

so an ipod touch 8 gig in $288. nice deal... only drawback, not in stock yet.
  9. hourog

hourog New Member