Ipod Touch 1.1.4 / 1.1.5 or 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sdparikh, Aug 2, 2008.

1. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

Which firmware do you guys recommend using? 1.1.4, 1.1.5, or 2.0? Right now I'm on 2.0, but I haven't jailbroken it yet.

This is actually my second ipod touch because 2 days ago I bricked my ipod touch while trying to jailbreak it. And yes, it is possible to brick your ipod touch...unlike those who say they bricked it, but were able to bring it back to life.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should stick w/ 2.0 or downgrade to 1.1.4 or 1.1.5 and jailbreak it. I want to change my theme and have the added benefits of jailbreaking it. I can't jailbreak my 2.0 because I'm on Windows XP.

Thanks.
  2. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

well, actually 1.1.5 is a 1.1.4 equal just fixes non-existent bugs, so i say: if you are really impatient use 1.1.4, all apps and themes are there (1.1.5 have problems with sumerboard). and the 2.0 has just get winterboard wich's a summerboard whiule we get the original one so i guess if your patient 2.0 if not 1.1.4 imao
  3. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

Thanks for the advice. So lets say if I downgrade to 1.1.4 and jailbreak it. When the 2.0 jailbreak version for windows comes out and is stable...will i be able to upgrade to 2.0 jailbreak without losing all of stuff?
  4. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

Yes and No, you'll be able to upgrade (and there's now Winpwn 2.0,0.3 and 2.5 is coming soon) but as you restore in order to get the PWned Firmware you'll loose all your apps, also the 1.1.x apps ain't compatible with the 2.0 frameworks so the jailbroken 2.0 currently lack of summerboard and lot's of apps but we get the appstore great apps.
    just my 2 cents
  5. sdparikh

sdparikh New Member

Can you link me to a tutorial on how to jailbreak 2.0 in Windows XP? Everyone I've searched says its only for Mac. Thanks.