Ipod touch 1.1.3 just upgraded need some quick answers

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by fourstringin, Jan 25, 2008.

1. fourstringin

fourstringin New Member

Ok first post and I have been reading over this site all day.

Im not trying to make people mad but if my questions are already answered please dont get mad. There are thousands of threads to look through and all talk and use terms im not all together familiar with. So here is the situation.

I have an 8gig ipod touch i just updated to the 1.1.3 v and i think im wanting to try to jailbreak.

now here are all my thoughts and questions

1. Should I downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? Do I need to? Will the 1.1.3 version require an earlier version to be jailbroken?

2. Do I need to do the ssn thing and some other windows thing in order to get programs on it afterwards

There are alot of threads talking about different things but nothing I have found that is from start to finish for the "noob". I have an information Systems Degree so Im comfortable with all this but if some of this is just extra then id like to know Its an option and i dont "need" it.

I have a normal ipod touch with 1.1.3 that has never been jailbroken. Id like to be able to add things and also put Safari plugins so safari will use flash or Java.

Thanks to anyone who answers plain english what is needed. Im still looking over the site and piecing together what i need.
  2. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I would jailbreak to 1.1.1 and just play with it until the dev team releases the new 1.1.3 jailbreak.

Theres a few threads on how to downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.1. easiest way I've seen http://rupertgee.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/worlds-easiest-113-to-111-downgrade/

Once you get to 1.1.1 firmware open safari on your ipod and type in www.jailbreakme.com Click install appsnap. reboot ipod after it finishes up installing.

Go to installer. click sources. go to this page on your computer http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8180

add some of the sources to your ipod by clicking edit, add and typing in the repo's address. Try out some of the games. I use the Books app to read ebooks. Some of the games are really great. Search around on these forums.

Starting off you wont need to ssh into it right off. you can use the sources to download. But later you'll be ssh'ing into it to change and customize your backgrounds and such. (If you want to change them that is.) I use winscp. simple easy. again, search around here. There's several software like cuteftp, commander, etc. everyone has their favorite.