iPod Touch 1.1.2 Jailbreak stability

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by jason724, Nov 28, 2007.

1. jason724

jason724 New Member

For some odd reason my iPod Touch seems to be pretty unstable. I have followed all the tutorials explicitly and have not fooled around with any of the system files (besides icons and the carrier image).

Details:
    • Used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it in 1.1.1, and then install OktoPrep
    • Used the latest 1.1.2 jailbreak
    • Installer seems to have troubles refreshing (it freezes occasionally and then my IPT restarts springboard)
    • Applications freeze occasionally (even the native IPT apps seem to freeze on a daily basis, which usually causes my IPT to restart springboard)
    • I have 3 pages of apps which consist of all the iPhone appd (yes, I'm using the 1.1.2 iphone apps). Some of the other apps I'm using is: Apollo IM, weDict, SummerBoard, Customize, NES, and gpSPHONE

Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think my problems may be caused by a lack of application memory, I'm not sure how to tell whether or not I have any space left for apps, but I used to get the warning message about running out of space...I ignored it...It seems to have gone away

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iTouchHackAttack

iTouchHackAttack New Member

Yup

I was having the same issues and I just moved my applications folder following the directions I found here. It took about 5 minutes and now the installer app works like a charm once again.
  3. jason724

jason724 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try right now.
  4. ug.mac

ug.mac New Member

Also make sure you disable the 'dim wallpaper' in SummerBoard.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jason724

jason724 New Member

WOWWWW... that's probably my problem! I'll test it and and let you guys know how it works out. But changing the application directory definitely helped.

...What does the 'dim wallpaper' do?