Ipod totally messed up!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Cgegg, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Cgegg

Cgegg New Member

I tried downgrading my ipod touch from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1. somewhere in the process i messed something up. now no matter what i do my touch is always in recovery mode. When I open itunes it says that it could not connect to the ipod because of an unknown error (0xE800001C). I've tried restoring it but it doesn't work! please help!
  2. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Are you sure you didnt accidentally download the iphone software or something? does the .ipsw file have ipod1 in it?
  3. prominator

prominator New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this has happen to me too

just

restart holding top button(hold) and Home at the same time for 10 sec
    then release the top button and keep holding home. you'll end up with black screen, but itunes will see your ipod and then you can restore
  4. dalliance13

dalliance13 New Member

If you have windows google iBrickr, if mac google independence. Just running either one should be enough to kick you out of restore mode.
  5. Cgegg

Cgegg New Member

Yeh it has its iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw
  6. Cgegg

Cgegg New Member

It worked aand i was able to restore but it just ends up the same.in recovery mode.
  7. panther2108

panther2108 New Member

MY IPOD IS WITH THE SAME ERROR MSG!!!! PLEASE HELP I HAD ALREADY JAILBROKEN IT AND I HAD IT IN 1.1.3 I TRIED DOWNGRADING BACK TO 1.1.1 TO MAKE A VIDEO TO SHOW PPL HOW TO DO IT AND NOW ITS THE SAME AS YOURS WITH ERROR 0xE800001C
  8. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

After you use iNdependance and you end up in recovery mode, try quitting iTunes and just unplugging your ipod and leaving it for like a whole minute. If nothing, try pluggin her back in. Then try restarting it by holding home and sleep. That's pretty much what I did and it worked after a little while.
  9. panther2108

panther2108 New Member

nothings working for me so i made an appointment at the apple genius bar tommorow and im gonna see if they can help me
  10. Toha

Toha New Member

Are you sure that it doesn't work with independence or ibrickr? i had the same prob and indepedence took it out of recovery mode