ipod to stereo connection

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dtrachtman, Nov 7, 2008.

1. dtrachtman

dtrachtman New Member

I have now purchased two different ipod to RCA cables to play my ipod touch 2G on my stereo and neither work. The only thing that works is using the headphone jack and the sound is pretty bad that way. Is this an issue just with the 2G? Does anyone have a suggestion? thanks
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just use a Belkin Y- cable (goes from headphone jack to white/ red audio outputs) and I haven't noticed any significant degradation in quality. The only other way to do this would probably buy a dock that has an audio output.
  4. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Why would you have to buy a dock? The iPods have headphone jacks. And to the OP, get this. Its the official cable although a bit more expensive however, it also allows video. And if you have component in get this instead. Same price, better quality.
  5. dtrachtman

dtrachtman New Member

I've just heard the quality is a lot better from a dock connection than using the headphone jack. The composite AV cable I got looked exactly like the apple one and it didnt work, but maybe the apple one is different in some way. It does say ipod touch 2g. I will give that a try. Thanks for your advice.
    ~Dan