iPod to iPhone Guide

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by Omega Chaos, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

iPod touch to iPhone Guide
    ------------------------------------------
    NOTE: THIS ASSUMES YOU HAVE A MAC BUT IF NOT, YOU CAN START WITH STEP FOUR AND GO FROM THERE WITH YOUR OWN SFTP CLIENT!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Step One (Restore):

Download the 1.1.1 firmware from this link: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPod/SBML/osx/bundles/061-3932.20070927.p23dD/iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw. Be sure not to unzip the file once downloaded. If Safari unzips the file automatically then go to Safari => Preferences in the menu bar and then in the general tab, uncheck the open safe files automatically box. Once downloaded, rename the zip file to,"iPod1.1.1_Restore.ipsw" without quotes and be sure to get rid of the .zip extension. Now one your iPod, hold down the sleep/wake button and then the home button at the same time until the iPod cuts off to a black screen. Keep holding it until you see the Apple logo appear. At this point release the sleep/wake button, but still hold the home button until a connect to itunes screen appears. Click on the popup that itunes gives you about it is in restore mode and then while holding the option key on your keyboard, press the restore button. Locate the file you downloaded and then click ok. Your iPod will then restore to version 1.1.1.

Step Two (Jailbreak):

Download iJailbreak from the following link: http://ijailbreak.googlecode.com/files/iJailBreak0.3fixed.zip That is what I will be using because it goes ahead and installs the iPhone apps for you. Unzip the downloaded file and put the iJailbreak folder in your applications folder. Open the iJailbreak.app application in the iJailbreak folder and then click jailbreak. Click yes to the install iPhone apps part as this will go ahead and install Mail, Google Maps, Notes, Stocks, and Weather for you. After that just follow the on screen instructions and when it tells you you are done, quit the iJailbreak application.

Step Three (SFTP Access):

Download Cyberduck from the following link: http://www.icu.uzh.ch/~dkocher/cyberduck/Cyberduck-2.8.2.dmg Open the .dmg and drag Cyberduck to wherever you can launch it from easily. Open it up and on your iPod touch tap the settings button. Go to the wifi tab and the arrow next to your wireless router's network name. Then on Cyberduck, click the Open Connection tab and for the first drop down box put SFTP (SSH Secure Transfer Protocol).
    The IP address your iPod displays is what you put in for the second box. Leave the port alone. The username is: "root" and the password is "alpine" without the quotes. Click on add to keychain and click on connect. Once in you might want to hit the plus button on the sidebar. It keeps your server bookmarked for easy access next time.

Step Four (Phone, iPod, SMS, and Camera):

In Cyberduck, navigate to your Applications folder and then delete the following applications by highlighting them and pressing the delete button. Delete the MobileAddressBook.app and Demoapp.app. Download all four apps from this link: http://www.box.net/shared/544nk5e8yi Put them all in the applications folder on the iPod touch via Cyberduck by a simple drag and drop. Done with that. Easy. Permissions will not be a problem this time.

Step Five (Springboard and Settings):

Download the zip:http://www.box.net/shared/4rl1npj895and then when unzipped, go to your iPod touch and navigate to the springboard.app folder (root/media_sym/system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/) and then put all the contents of the springboard folder on your mac to your springboard.app folder on your iPod touch. Click yes to the popup window about overwriting. Now go to the preferences.app and do the same thing except drag the preferences folder contents into the preferences.app folder. Now go to the root/media_sym/system/library/preferencebundles/ folder and download this preference bundle (http://www.ifans.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2440&d=1197586988) and copy this into that folder.

Step Six: (Done!)

Restart the iPod touch with a simply hold down of the sleep/wake button and turn it back on. You will now have an iPhone. Hope you enjoy it!
  2. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

hmm can we do this with already a jailbroken itouch? i really dont wanna redo all those jailbreak and re-add all my apps steps i just wanna make sure lol
  3. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Sorry but after the guy below said it screwed with his touch when already jailbroken, I can only say that you would start with a fresh restored iPhone.
  4. MegaIpod

MegaIpod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I did this with my already jailbroken ipod touch. I got camera and everything. Problem is it kept looking for service and i got a screen saying Activing. This might take a while. I couldn't get on the internet or click any apps. It was like it was broken. I couldn't turn it off. It wouldn't go off!

Like a idiot i didn't backup my N45AP.plist so i got screwed. But i fixed it.

I will never do this again.
  5. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Did I not tell you to start from the beginning?!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Depends what you have on it. You must have a clean slate. If you don't then it will screw up your iPod!!!
  6. MS1026

MS1026 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Links Not Working...

First..

Your links aren't working anymore.

Secondly...

This obviously just makes it look like an iPhone which if you aren't completely new to this forum you probably know how to do.
  7. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Look, I'm trying to help you guys out. Don't complain when I am trying to help you, new one. Thanks for the link part thou.. I need to fix it.
  8. Parker618

Parker618 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    fix the link plz
  9. BlazeEdwin

BlazeEdwin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Still the Settings method won't work if we don't do some little tweaks..

(Links are dead)
  10. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Fixed, sorry about that.