Ipod Through Wash

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gilgamesh24, Dec 17, 2007.

1. gilgamesh24

gilgamesh24 New Member

Help! I forgot my ipod in my pants and put it in the laundry. Is there anything I can do? It briefly comes on when i plug it into my computer, then turns off. Thats it. Help!
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Apple has put water-sensing paper thing in the headphone jack so if you try to return it you're screwed. If you figure out how to get it working, please tell us. Best of luck, spoonforknife.
  3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well...If you have a warranty you should be able to get it replaced if it absolutely doesn't work anymore.

Good luck.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Warranty

I believe the warranty works when there is a hardware problem. Also if you caused the problem like water damage. (I think)
  5. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

did it go through the dryer too?

Find a tutorial on google on opening up your ipod touch and once you open it up, let it dry for atleast 48 hours in a dry place

if your lucky, your battery won't be water logged and will still work, if your not you probably need to replace the battery, theres a vid tutorial (google it) on how to do it
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The iPod Touch has a water sensor that changes color when exposed to water... It voids your warranty, obviously. Not sure what these people are thinking trying to pawn of accidents on Apple.

Sorry, but your best bet is literally do NOT turn it on for any reason for several days until the entire thing dries out - and pray for a miracle.
  7. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Let it try for at least 2 days and DO NOT plug it in (again). Even try using a blow drier on the low setting, it helps.
  8. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    it would also help if you put in a bag of desiccant (the do not eat packets in shoeboxes) over night after you let it set out to dry. I wouldn't worry about the battery too much. I would be concerned about moisture shorting out the touch capability. Good luck and God speed to you.

EDIT: If you don't have desiccant packets laying around, Put it in a bag of dried rice. That will deffinantly suck all the moisture out of it. Put some tape over the headphones jack... If you get rice stuck in it, you'll never get it out. This is from experience >.>
  9. gilgamesh24

gilgamesh24 New Member

how do you open it up? I saw a video of someone doing it, but it didnt explain how
  10. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Google it. Try 'Opening ipod touch' or 'ipod touch disassembly'. I wouldn't open it up unless i knew the thing absolutely didn't work, and apple wasn't going to replace it. I think If it were under warranty in your case, and you are able to replace it, they won't take one that's been pried open.