iPod thinks its an iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jalalo, Oct 25, 2007.

1. jalalo

jalalo New Member

So I was trying to fix Customize.app for the touch by renaming the file M68AP.plist as N45AP.plist. Which worked, and then I tried to rearrange my icons, which also worked. After shutting down customize it goes back to the "slide to open" screen and in the top left where the carrier image is and where it would have the WiFi signal, it says Searching. Then when I slide it open, it says something about looking for an activation in a popup message. Then is says "no service" where the carrier image would be, and I can't open any apps, although I can go to the second page. I'm pretty sure it thinks it an unactivated iPhone. Restoring isn't really feasible for me because its very difficult to get WiFi access for the iPod and the Computer at once, and all the album art was put on the iPod instead of iTunes which would take hours to fix...
    Is there any way to fix it without restoring?
    Also WiFi and SSH were turned off before this happened which probably doesn't help.

Edit:
    Also the sleep button doesn't work I have to completely power it down to turn the screen off.
  2. appwizard

appwizard New Member

you could try to use iphuc to
    'putfile rdisk0s1 /dev/rdisk0s1'

this may work..
  3. gagteo

gagteo New Member

Whatever you do don't restore without renaming the n45ap thing. It will make your ipod think its an iphone with nothing and wifi won't work. thats why i have a warranty
  4. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

use total commander to get in to your ipod without wifi