Ipod Taser

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by virtualone, Feb 20, 2008.

1. virtualone

virtualone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok just a crazy thought of mine....Since there is already been exploitation of the pins or what have you down where the charger plugs in....(for the phone mic for example), is there any way that the battery's energy could be used and put through an attached device that could act as a taser.... Im not talking like 10,000 volts here but just a little bit to give someone a shock..
  2. heyitsnatedawg

heyitsnatedawg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm almost sure that isn't possible. Probably because the battery isn't connected to the plug-in. If only though..
  3. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Banned

That would be awesome.
  4. Willberto

Willberto New Member

*sigh*

It's possible. But the only thing you're getting from the iPod is power. You may as well give the tazer its own battery.

Other things you can use your iPod to power given the right electronics: Mouse, TV remote, sex toy, another iPod, a light, detonator for a bomb (hello CIA), etc etc etc.

In short it's a really f***ing stupid idea.
  5. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

also, by releasing a quick burst of energy (to taze someone) no matter how quick can still leave damage to the ipod seeing as how the ipod requires a constant fluid motion of energy, by doing what you are thinking you could accidetally short out your ipod...
  6. Andrew

Andrew New Member

use a nice supercap maybe 0.1 farads and a nice big diode with the proper break down voltage when ever its reversed biased and a nice voltage multiplier cirucuit DC to DC. it would just be some more capasitors and diodes depending on which multiplier design you use. that would be connected AFTER the charging super cap. Thats very important other wise you could pull way to many amps out of the ipod. so maybe experiment alittle with it and there you go. i guess you could right a program for it that you would calibrate to the charging and dishargeing cap. SO if you like thats a way to go about it.
    OK? OK???? OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres already alotta non discrete dc to dc converters in the ipod anyways cause im sure that the lithium battery is prob something like 5 volts. but i might be wrong. batteries aint my thang.
    CHeers
  7. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

either a load of **** or very nicely done research and diagnosis. either way, impressive
  8. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Ill make damn schematics if you people want. but ONLY if you people want it.
    Cheers
  9. d00m42

d00m42 Member

lol i agree there.

i would really like to see schematics, but more for entertainment purposes and to see how realistic it would be
  10. Andrew

Andrew New Member

well ok i can draw it up tonight. if you guys can keep interested in something over a full night. it should be on here in this very post by morning. and i guess if you think i said a bunch of random bable you could like wikipedia villard cascading voltage multipliers. or just voltage multiplier. just make sure its the one with diodes other wise it would be really ineffiecent useing resistors and spark gaps im sure theres something on there about those kinda ciruits. there very common.
    OKies now im all in an electronic prototyping mood. i wanna get my hands dirty now!!! fun fun fun
    and please no one bring up transformers i want us to keep this dc. i mean i love alternating current as much as the next music lover but dc will be better suited for hurting people.
    Okies cheers you guys