iPod Syncing???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by reece99, Apr 26, 2008.

1. reece99

reece99 New Member

Hello!

I am having problems right now with my iPod touch, When I first got my iPod I downloaded songs off our 1st computer, well that computer doesn't work anymore. We got a new computer and I tried to sync it with the new computer and it wants to erase all of my pictures and songs. I can not erase all my pictures off of there, my iPod is the only thing that has my pictures on it from our last computer.

My question is, can I get my pictures off of my iPod and on to my computer without them being erased??
  2. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

itunes has this stupid idea that you can't put media from more than 1 computer on to your ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

tough luck, i think itunes converts them to another format.

you could try looking around in
    /var/mobile/Media
    through ssh
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    if you have ssh copy the itunes_control folder to your computer. That has music and movies, but idk about photos.
  5. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The Camera roll.app can download your pictures to computer. You can use ssh or iPhone PC suite in order to do that. By this way, you could download your wallpapers too.
    But, if you have all your pictures only in photos.app, i don't know how to process that to computer since it has its own format. It's a bundle of pictures, not a single/individual pictures compilation.

What I can suggest you, go through each and every photos and email them and save them in computer. That is the only way (that I know) how you could save you pictures back to computer.

Good luck!!
  6. Nasty_Ben

Nasty_Ben New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try Yamipod, I used to use it for my 30gb video and it allowed you to take songs and vids off of the ipod. If that doesn't work, the songs are located in a media folder on the ipod but the names are all wierd numbers.