iPod "Synced with another iTunes" every time

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by PopeMoses, Nov 18, 2009.

1. PopeMoses

PopeMoses New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I looked around and couldn't find another post with this issue, but if there is one I'll feel stupid.

Every time I plug in my iPod Touch iTunes comes up, and every time it says that my iPod is synced with another version of iTunes. I only have iTunes on one computer, it can't be synced with another version. However my iTunes seems to be liking to randomly dump its library. I have at least three albums I have to re-convert every time it does this. The rest of the albums vanish too but they're in the iTunes folder when I just re-import that so I don't have to wait for the entire conversion (thank goodness, that took like two days).

Since it's keeping at least most of my music in the iTunes folder this isn't really a huge issue involving musical death, but it's kind of a pain when I get one new song and want to put it on my iPod and have to wait an hour while it takes my whole 5k song library off, deletes it, and then puts it back on.

Attached Files:

2. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just transfer purchases and it should work
  3. defleopard98

defleopard98 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How often does this happen? It happened to me once after I upgraded an iTunes version (can't remember which), but It hasn't happened since.
    I guess you could try installing another version of iTunes to see if it makes a difference, or try restoring the firmware on your iPod and re-jailbreaking. Other than that, I have no idea.
  4. PopeMoses

PopeMoses New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I didn't want to transfer purchases as I hadn't actually purchased anything and was just worried I would end up with TWO blank libraries, but I guess I can back the computer's up somewhere else just in case and give it a shot...

As to how often this happens, every time I've plugged it in since the first couple days or so. I didn't change anything, iTunes didn't update, and the iPod didn't update, so I have no idea. All I might have done was like... make a playlist or something. This is literally 5 days old. On that note, I'm a noob and have no idea what jailbreaking is. >.>'
  5. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Have you re-installed Windows? That's caused syncing problems for me

Please Register or Log in to view images