Ipod sync to another library without erasing????

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kalpa11, Oct 24, 2009.

1. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So recently my computer's hard drive burnt and i had to get a new one and thankfully i had all my files backe up but sadly the computer doesn't backup exe files so my itunes is gone. So i was wondering if there was a way to sync everything on my ipod back to my computer and not just my music i mean like my apps my contacts and web favorites and all those things. If i remember correctly i think that there was an app on cydia which allowed syncing to another computer but i dont remember what?? so help me out and also will my cydia apps and themes be synced to? or will they be erased?
  2. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well if you register itunes back to your itunes account, it should just sync the apps and stuff back onto your computer, without touching your ipod
    it would only erase them if it wasn't registered to your itunes account i'm pretty sure
  3. prozach9292

prozach9292 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think muffin15 is right, but I'm not sure. I completely reformatted my hard drive a couple months ago, but when I did it I had all of my itunes stuff backed up, along with my other documents, on DVDs. So when I reinstalled iTunes i just added all of my files again. However, I don't remember whether or not I dragged all the app folders into the iTunes folder or if the apps came back once I got my account registered to the computer again. As far as data like web favorites and contacts go, I dont know any way to maintain those. I have only heard of an app from cydia for it that you can ssh them to your computer with or something.
  4. 00Svo

00Svo Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The apps and stuff will be transferred over via your itunes account so dont worry about losing them. The music on the other hand wont. You would have to extract it via SSH or something to keep from losing it forever.
  5. IpodloverBabii

IpodloverBabii New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I Am Haveing The Same Problim as you and everyone is saying to Email Apple About my problim because i have spent hundreds on itunes and if i try sync my ipod all the money will be gone down the drain and it was my birhtday last week and i got like 200 euro in Itunes Cards and i cant put all the music,apps on my ipod Can someone really help me our tell me if i should email apple about my problim i tryed doing what muffin15 said and it did not work! Thank you.
  6. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but what about my settings and such and contacts
  7. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that stuff will stay the same ^^^^ unless your contacts hav changed on the computer
  8. lennon97

lennon97 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i dont know if im allowed to post the link here so if im not can someone tell me and ill remove it but try this http://www.[PIRACY].com/showthread.php?t=1415 or u can search where all the stuff u want is and if its jailbroken use open ssh and copy it over sure its slow but u can try using i fun box and its still better then itunes deleting all ur stuff
  9. nasman

nasman New Member

n00b question here, i bought my friends ipod touch 32gb 3g, it has alot of apps, if i sync it to my apps in my pc itunes, will the apps in th ipod be erased and will be replaced by my apps from my pc?

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. djweber96

djweber96 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What you need to do when that pops up is if you don't want to erase and sync, what I do in check MANUALLY MANAGE MUSIC AND VIDEO, then just drag and drop items and it will not say to erase and sync it will just copy them over