iPod Swap, Help Please?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bubs58, Dec 12, 2008.

1. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I found a dead pixel on my ipod, i live in ottawa canada, can i reture my ipod in the mail and get a new one back?

I know i have to restore and whatnot though
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It's most likely a stuck pixel and is an easy fix. Most likely will fix and return same one. Would be easier to take to Apple Store. Best case you will get a refurb.
  3. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I cant really go to the apple store because im not going to the usa until after my warrentys up

Also, its not stuck because ive used the pixel checkers and it doesnt show on white or green
  4. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    There's no Apple store in Ottawa? If you are going to Toronto, that's your best bet. And I know the rule with computer monitors is that it has to be a lot of stuck pixels to get it replaced. I don't know if they will care for one. But then again, it's Apple and I'm sure they will give you a refurb or something of that nature.
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

I don't know if they are going to give you a new one with just one stuck pixel. I doubt it is dead, but they don't really think one pixel is worth making a customer happier. I saw this in one of the posts: the best you'll get is a refurbished one.
  6. hogan1

hogan1 New Member

i had a few pixels stuck i just took it to the store and they gave me a refab