[iPod] Successfully updated to Custom2.0.1, instable WIFI

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dahaus, Aug 12, 2008.

  1. dahaus

    dahaus New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi there,

    1. Thanks for this Board, so i can ask stuff!
    2. Today i successfully updated my iPod Touch from 1.1.4 jb to 2.0.1 with the help of winpwn.
    My Setup:
    • iPod Touch 16 GB
    • Newest iTunes (from Server today)
    • Firmware directly downloaded from iTunes


    Problem: I can connect to my Wifi, and the iPod remembers the connection (so not the same like here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=678), but only for some seconds (<2 Min) the wifi connection works.
    Then e.g. Safari saz: "Can not open page as didn't find Server" (Translated from German)
    I tried to ping the iPod, but it is not reachable, the most time:

    Code:
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Antwort von 192.168.0.5: Bytes=32 Zeit=8ms TTL=64
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Antwort von 192.168.0.5: Bytes=32 Zeit=793ms TTL=64
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
    [During this even longer test i let the safari open and tried to open pages so the iPod could not went to power saving mode]

    What i tried:

    • Restart a couple of times
    • Reflash the CustomFirmware
    • Reflash the original Firmware
    • Entered the DNS Servers from my ISP directly
    • Reconfigured my Router with and without WEP, WPA, hidden SSID, MAC-Filter

    Any ideas?

    PS: Sorry for bad language, as i'm not a native speaker...
  2. mlbplayer456_is_back

    mlbplayer456_is_back New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2008
    Messages:
    136
    Likes Received:
    0
    there is a possible fix.

    go to Settings>Wi-Fi>[WIFI-NETWORK]>and erase the DNS and put in this:
    192.168.1.1 then that should help
  3. mikec1985

    mikec1985 Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2007
    Messages:
    2,558
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPad

    Please Register or Log in to view images

    Your DNS should be the same as your router number, if that doesnt work try, forget network and turn wifi switch to off then turn back on select your network make sure the DNS is the same as router number and it should work
  4. dahaus

    dahaus New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    That seems not to be the problem. Even with all data give via DHCP my iPod gets a correct IP, SUBNET, Gateway and my Router-IP as DNS-Server (the same like all my other devices too).

    I only tried in the process of solving the problem to directly input the DNS-Servers of my ISP.

    I don't thinks it's a DNS problem, as i even cannot constantly connect to a google IP, or the Routers Webconfig. Sometimes it works and some seconds it find no webpage at all...

Share This Page