iPod stuck on connect to iTunes logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by terrorist, Aug 4, 2008.

1. terrorist

terrorist New Member

Hey guys, There is probably a thread about this somewhere, I tried searching and couldn't find anything that worked.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I had a jailbroken 30gig iPod on 1.1.4, my wifi stopped working properly for some random reason, it couldn't find the servers... But thats not the problem, that was fixed when I upgraded to 2.0

I downloaded 2.0 from 'elsewhere' and did the whole shift click update to direct it to the 2.0 firmware...
    It worked pretty nicely, I had the stock version of 2.0 on there, wifi worked again etc.

BUT it wouldn't connect to iTunes... I tried reseting the iPod, putting it in a different USB port (sometimes that fixes it, dunno why though, cant see any real difference).
    So I did a 'Erase All' reset, because I was just going to do it again as soon as Installer 4.0 came out of beta, and it looks like it will be soon.

It said it will take 4hours to do, so I went to bed. Wake up and its showing the connect to iTunes logo and nothing else, I can restart the iPod, put it to sleep but thats all that shows (except the apple logo during restart)
    Help! Please, Thanks
  2. andydam

andydam Banned

DFU! Try that!
  3. terrorist

terrorist New Member

How do you do that? Sorry
  4. iH@CK3RZ

iH@CK3RZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you have to force turn off your ipod by pressing the home and power button. then wait five seconds and press the power and home button for 10 seconds. then let go of the power button but keep on holding the home button for ten more seconds. make sure your ipod is connected when doing this. if you do it right your screen will be off and itunes will say waiting on ipod.
  5. donhu

donhu New Member

i have the same problem as the previous person stated but wen i tried to put my ipod touch in dfu mode (10 times) it would not connect to the computer