iPod Stuck on Apple Logo - Force Restore Won't Work and iPhuc/iBrickr won't find it

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bulbous nub, Feb 12, 2008.

1. bulbous nub

bulbous nub New Member

Ok, I'm about to cry right now. My iPod Touch isn't going into "Connect to iTunes" mode or anything. iPhuc and iBrickr can't detect it and neither can iTunes. It's just sitting there on the Apple logo. I've tried just about every trick that I can think of on my end. Any help to give me something to try for an hour before AppleCare opens?

Thanks in advance.
  2. jsmith11

jsmith11 New Member

My Ipod Is Doing The Same Thing Some1 Help
  3. arjayquizon

arjayquizon New Member

I'm sorry to hear/read about your iPod. Have you tried holding the home and sleep button at the same time until the "connect to iTunes" image appears? If that doens't work, look for your serial number, then check with apple.com if you could still get telephone assistance. If not, you might have to turn it in to Apple for repairs and replacement.

Or since iPhuc and iBrckr won't work, try the 1.1.2 jaibreak method's "Boot from recovery".
  4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Well, try to get it into recovery mode by connecting the iPod to your computer, then holding down the home and power button at the same time. Don't worry about the releasing the power button etc., because you're not going to restore. Your iPod should then go straight into recovery mode. If it doesn't, try holding down the power button for ages, then the home button for ages, then try again.

Anyway, once you've done that, exit iTunes and close the iTunesHelper process, then open the extracted iBrickr folder and run the iphoneinterface program. You should get a message saying recovery_r. Then type the following commands, pressing enter after each one:

setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    fsboot

Then when you try to turn on your iPod again, you will be out of recovery.

It's amazing what a Google Search will turn up. I did this this morning, and it worked perfectly. Remember, it's always possible to get into recovery mode, no matter what happens.
  5. bulbous nub

bulbous nub New Member

It's also amazing what reading the very first post will tell you. I've tried all of that, and nadda.

Apple is sending me a box to send it to them in, but I may see if I can find a way to the Apple Store, which is almost 2 hours away...
  6. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    BAM!!!

Use my signature...

Or go on youtube, and search OZombie_KillerO, I have a video on how to enter recovery.