Ipod Stuck On Apple Logo....fix For Prize!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dpen00, Jun 25, 2008.

1. dpen00

dpen00 New Member

I enabled Freeboard in Customized and then reboot my ipod. Now its stuck on the Apple Logo.
    How do i fix this without restoring? I have more than 170 apps and don't want to lose any of my settings.
    Please Help!

iPod Touch 32 Gig
    Firmware 1.1.4

I have posts here for the Quake 3 files for iphone, ipod touch.

****The first person that posts a fix for me that actually works i will pm them the files for Quake 3.*****
    *Disclaimer: The files have not been compiled into an app package. I myself do not know how to do this,
    but members of the iFortner team are working on it. If you are a programmer or are savvy at this type of thing
    then try to fix my ipod for these files. I will only respond to posts with an logical attempt.
    I will also announce the winner along with their method for remedy.
    Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

You need to ssh into your itouch and delete a lot of apps. You must have less than 80 apps for your itouch to turn on and go to the home screen.
  3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you can't ssh in, you are screwed, try using total commander and t-pot, then simply copy most of your apps to your pc desktop, and then delete them, you will still have them on your pc, then use boss tools to relocate your fonts. Most likely the problem is freeboard, and if what I said doesn't fix it, then freeboard is the problem, remember its in alpha so this is expected.
  4. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's What Pisses Me Off. Why The Hell Is An Alpha On A Public Repo? Anyways, To Fix It Try Booting In Normal Mode With Ziphone Then ssh in And copy all your apps to your computer desktop, deleting them, then uninstall freeboard. Then you can put the apps back on. Btw why do you put so many apps on?
  5. Dtm644

Dtm644 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ssh and delete customize then reboot.
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

YOU ARE SO STUPID. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT EVER.

Also, dpen: Freeboard is known to have many problems that cause endless boot loops, SWOD, not turning on, etc. The only way you can fix this is by restoring, if deleting ~/Library/Customize2 doesn't work.

If you want to keep all your apps and settings, use the program iBackup to save all of these files. (You need OpenSSH, SSH on, and a steady WiFi connection to use iBackup)
  7. plokiju

plokiju New Member

actually, he does know what he's talking about. You see, Freeboard deactivates Summerboard. Summerboard has a pach that lets you have unlimed apps. Withou an acive Summerboard, you have a limi of abou 84 apps, even if they aren on the springboard

EDIT: Quote from Appleiphoneschool

8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Freeboard does not disable SummerBoard, as I have both FreeBoard and Summerboard on, and working. I can change change themes in SMB as well as move around my 5 dock icons.
  9. plokiju

plokiju New Member

Oh, they must have updated it since then. But I still wouldnt call that guy stupid just because he said outdated information
  10. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

i had this same problem
    i just rsstored