iOS 4.0 iPod stuck in some sort of wierd recovery mode?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sethisamazing, Aug 26, 2010.

1. sethisamazing

sethisamazing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I tried to restore my iPod to a fresh 4.0 fw after a jailbroken 4.0 fw, but after the restore, the iPod is stuck in a recovery mode (more like a connect to itunes screen). When holding down the sleep button, the iPod will show the "Slide to shutdown" slider, unlike normal recovery mode. Also, when hitting either of the hardware buttons, the device responds instantly by turning the display on/off, which is weird. And when I plug into iTunes, it gives me an error: "We could not complete your iTunes Store request"

And I can still hear the push notifications.....

When I try to put it in normal recovery mode and then use RecBoot, the device just goes back to the "recovery" described above.

Any help?

EDIT: by the way its a 32gb 3g
  2. NightRocker

NightRocker Active Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    lol change your device in ur profile.. ok did u try to connect to itunes again like your ipod said? lol that would have been the first thing i would have done if i were you. try to restore again or something
  3. sethisamazing

sethisamazing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ...can we use some sort of grammar structure please?

This is not my ipod, by the way, so there is no point in changing it...

I just tried another restore, and it says the iTunes store could not connect.
  4. rykah

rykah Member

I have a 3GS, as my profile states. Last time this happened to me, I could lock and unlock it, turn it off, and even use SBsettings. Only difference was, being a phone, mine had a Slide for Emergency Call slider.

You're going to need a restore using the actual restore mode. Turn it off, open iTunes on your computer, and hold the Home button on the iPod when you plug it in. Make sure you hold the Home button until iTunes recognizes it. You'll be able to restore to the highest firmware normally, or you can use a guide here on the site to restore using an older firmware.
  5. Buzzard267

Buzzard267 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hmm try a differenet pc/Mac
  6. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Can you enter DFU?
  7. rykah

rykah Member

I've had this problem myself. The restore method I presented earlier works.
  8. Incenarator

Incenarator New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I need some help too. My touch is stuck in recovery mode and when i turn it off by holding the power and the home button it just pops back up. I tried restoring it and when it downloaded the firmware it said error device isn' t eligible for the requested build. Its 2.2.1 by the way.
  9. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I know, I wasn't doubting you or anything. But I was just asking if it came to the point where it didn't work, a DFU restore would always work.
  10. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Thats the activation screen you get when you first buy an iDevice (happens after you restore) Try using a different computer to activate your iPod with iTunes