Ipod stuck in restoration mode... with bizzare twist. help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sirgerbil, Jul 26, 2009.

1. sirgerbil

sirgerbil New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey there guys. I got a problem.
    Well, I lent my touch to my friend. after I wen home I realized I hadn't given him my password. Whatever. Came back the next day, and he had (not very smartly) typed it in enough times for it to LOCK DOWN and require to be plugged in to Itunes. I was in lebanon at the time, and didn't have my computer with me. We plugged it in to his computer and, for some reason, the boot-up apple came up and WOULDN'T GO AWAY. if i tried to turn it off, it would turn off, and then, upon releasing the power button, it turns right back on.
    two weeks later, I'm back in the states. I plugged it into my comp. It was automatically in restore mode, with the usb-leading up to itunes sign on there, like when you first get it. I clicked restore, It said restoring, showed it loading up. as soon as it "restored", it went right back to being in restore mode, with the "itunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode. You will need to restore it before it can be used with itunes" sign. I can't restore it. Also, my computer is detecting it in Itunes and in the USB section of the control panel, however, it is NOT detecting in in Ibrickr, Quickfreedom, or the like.

Quick Summary of the symptoms:
    -Can't keep it off, turns right back on as soon as I release lock button
    -stuck on connect to Itunes sign
    -Itunes says restore it, yet when restored, it goes right back
    -cannot be detected by rebooting software
    -Cannot be put into DFU mode
    -for some reason, turns on and back off at random times

I'm one step away from calling an exorcist. help?
  2. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay.
    First, try this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6R82lLqXU

If that doesnt work, do this:
    Plug it into your computer
    Turn your speakers up

Put it in DFU Mode by doing this:
    Hold home and power until screen goes black
    after one second of screen being black, release power and keep holding home until your comp chimes

iTunes should come up.
    Try a restore again.
  3. sirgerbil

sirgerbil New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tried both of those, didn't work, still stays in restore mode after I restore it and Quickpwn says it needs to close.